Owning and using medical devices brings with it a responsibility for users to ensure they meet the rigorous standards set out in the legislation and regulatory guidance that are designed to protect both patient and resident safety, as well as the safety of the caregiver. Examples include:
- Medical Devices Directive (93/42/EEC)
- Lifting Operations and Lifting Equipment Regulations 1998 (LOLER)
- Provision and Use of Work Equipment Regulations 1998 (PUWER)
- Safety, Health and Welfare at Work (General Application) Regulations 2007
- BS EN 13485:2016, BS EN 9001:2015, BS EN 14001:2015, BS EN 18001:2007
Compliance with these regulations means your medical equipment must undergo the required servicing and maintenance to ensure they perform as they should. However, hospitals have reported that approximately 20% of their clinical engineers’ time is spent on just trying to find the equipment when it is needed for maintenance.1
Compounding the issue is how medical equipment is getting smaller, and in some cases more mobile as well, which makes them easier than ever to misplace.
Introducing Arjo Locate: Don’t search, just find. Arjo Locate is a tool that improves the daily operations for your EBME / Facilities teams by showing the real-time location of your equipment, giving you a quick and immediate overview of the location of all your assets with just a touch.
Healthcare staff are increasingly tasked with doing more, but with less resources. Problems may arise when sometimes critical equipment is not available in the right place at the right time. Arjo Locate enables you to spend less time searching for a much needed piece of equipment providing a convenient path to support compliant processes at your facility and ensure your equipment has been inspected, tested and serviced on time.
For further support on ensuring the performance of your equipment, explore our comprehensive professional services to help prevent issues before they arise, ensure continued reliability and prolong their useful life. We take pride in caring for your equipment and offer the following service benefits:
- Inspection and assessment of your equipment
- Preventive and corrective maintenance
- Sourcing genuine spare parts
- Customised service agreements
1. Bryan Albright Hospital’s Prescribe Real Time Asset Tracking, Integrated Solutions Magazine